Shamian

Shamian

         
 
   Shamian island was built in the Qing Dynasty and the early years of the Republic of China, it covers an area of 330 acres with the European style modern buildings.  In ancient times, here is a sandbar, called pick Tsui chau , its northern connected with six two three road, is a land inhabited by fishermen boat. After the second Opium War in 1857, United States and French invaders were took a fancy to this beautiful place. On September 3, 1861, Guangdong Officials ChongGuang Lowe on behalf of the Qing government to sign the colonial lease with the powers, then Shamian Island became one of the earliest foreign concessions in our country ----is the only “concession Island “in China .Since then, 19 countries successively established consulates, also built a batch of churches, foreign firms, post office, telegraph offices, banks, hospitals, hotels and residences. The residents in Shamian Island were mostly foreign consulates, foreign firms, banks staff, foreign tax officials and missionaries.
The main building on Shamian Island are new classical style, Neo Baroque style, volume corridor style and imitation Gothic style ,etc .It also have some romantic, eclectic doctrine, modernist buildings category ,etc .Now Shamian Island existing various European architecture more then 150 buildings and 158 old trees ,was announced by the State Council as a national key cultural relics protection units, and the first batch of historic preservation district, Guangzhou City. Shamian Island has "Guangzhou landscape of ninth" reputation.
友情链接:  
广东沙面宾馆 2014 版权所有 电话:020-81218288 粤ICP备:06127360
Copyright 2014 Auto Parts All Right Reserved